SRHOA Annual Meeting: Tue, May 29, 2018: 7:00pm-8:30pm; at: Henry's Barn - 9377 N Surrey Dr
SRHOA Equestrian Community
Summary of County Regulations for Surrey Ridge Variance:
On August 10th, 2004, the Douglas County Board of Adjustment approved a variance that allows horses on all lots in Surrey Ridge. As part of our variance we are to notify the neighborhood on a regular basis of the County's regulations:
- Only two horses are allowed per lot.
- Leach fields must be outside corrals.
- Barns, corrals, arenas, paddocks, run pens, round pens, or parking areas must be set back at least 25 feet from streets, side lot lines and rear lot lines.
- No more than 25% of the property may be devegetated (to include driveways that are gravel or dirt).
- Manure must be removed or composted and removed in a regular and reasonable manner as to protect surface and ground-water and to minimize odor and the breeding of flies. Manure shall not be buried.
- Manure piles must be set back at least 25 feet from lot lines.
- Manure shall be shielded from view.